Pages

Monday 6 May 2019

English - The merchant of venice

Act Three, Scene Three:
  1. Antonio is now convinced that he knows the reason for Shylock’s insistence on claiming his bond. What is it, use quote from the text to support your answer. He seeks my life ; his reason well i know .i oft deliver'd from his forfeitures.Many that have at times made moan to me; therefore he hates me
  2. Why can the Duke not ‘deny the course of law’ according to Antonio? He cannot let Antonio off cause he's a nice guy.If he lets Antonio off he has to let everyone off.
  3. What does Antonio seem resigned to his fate. What two important realisations is this based on? Use lines 8, 21-24, 26-31 to help you.
  4. Do you think Antonio’s feelings towards Bassanio have changed since the beginning, why?
  5. finish this quote:pray God,bassanio come to see me pay his debt ,and then i care not!
  6. Shylock refuses to consider the idea of mercy,but demands justice. is true justice is possible in this case?

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.