Pages

Tuesday 7 May 2019

English - The merchant of venice


Act Three, Scene Five

  1. In his jokey conversation with Jessica, why is Launcelot against the conversion of Jews to Christianity? Jews to christian, will raise the price of pork

  1. What is Jessica’s opinion of Portia? Jessica thinks bassanio is really fortunate of marrying Portia


 
  • Tainted - contaminate or pollute
  • Ecstasy - an overwhelming felling
  • Converted -having been adapted to be suitable for a new purpose
  •  Vantage-a place or a position
  • Oration - a formal speech
  • Constitution - a body of fundamental principles
  • Envious - feeling or showing envy
  • Forfeit -lose

  • In this act we hear about torture devices like the rack. Research this and some other popular torture devices from the time of Shakespeare? Present your findings creatively.

  •  The Rack.
  • The Scavenger's Daughter.
  • The Collar.
  • The Iron Maiden.
  • Branding Irons.
  • The Wheel.
  • Thumbscrews.
  • The Gossip's Bridle or the Brank.

3 comments:

  1. Hello Rusi, I really enjoyed reading you post on The Merchant of Voice. I liked how you had the letters big so you can read it easily. Maybe next time you could make them a little bit smaller so it dosen't go over the screen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia Ora Rusi,
    In the instructions you have posted for your can do task it says to research some torture devices and present the findings creatively. You have only got a list of devices, you havent done the research part yet. I can't wait to see wait you do discover

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Rusi, I really like how you have made the letters big so it is easy to read. I think it is good that you finished your work on time. Maybe next time you could make sure the words don't come of the page good job.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.