Pages

Tuesday 14 May 2019

English - line study

Act Four, Scene One- Line Study
  1. A4S1 Line 70-83 (Black Pg. 151, Blue Pg.87) Antonio gives us three short images of how useless any attempt by Bassanio to save his life will be
  • What are they?
  • What do they tell us about one of Shakespeare's interests
  • Do you think this is an effective way of demonstrating the problem.
  • Each example is an extreme and impossible, what influence does this have on how you expect the rest of the scene to develop.
  1. A4S1 L90-100 (Black Pg. 88-, Blue Pg.151-152) , Shylock uses vivid comparisons when he wants to make a point.

  • What example does he use to illustrate the fact that the pound of flesh is his: ‘tis mine and I will have it’
  • It is much longer comparison than the three used by Antonio  but do you think it is more striking/effective/convincing?

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.