Pages

Monday 20 May 2019

English - The merchant of venice

 Act five, Scene one:

1.Why do Lorenzo and Jessica remind each other of stories of     classical lovers?To make there love look better than everyone 
2.What are Portia's feelings as she approaches the house?           She was nervous     

3.What is the first  argument to break out?By
yonder moon i swear you do me wrong,In faith I gave it to  
 the judges clerk.

4.How do Gratiano an bassanio try to justify parting with the      rings,are they successful? They are not successful

5.Was bassanio right  to give away the ring,give reasons for           your thinking. Bassanio was wrong to give away the ring            cause he was giving away there love. 

6.Complete this quote to show the affect these arguments            have on Antonio?I once lend my body for his wealth,               which   but for him that had your husband's ring. I dare be bound again,My soul upon the forfeiture ,that your lord will       never more break faith advisedly

7.Portia and nerrisa have the rings.What does this prove to Antonio,Gratiano and Bassanio?Hint-Who were they in the court?   there wife's were playing  jokes on them 

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.