Pages

Thursday 2 May 2019

English - The merchant of Venice

  1. Why does Portia want Bassanio to delay his choice?portia wants
  2. bassanio to wait because hes gonna make the wrong choice


  1. Complete this quote ‘I pray you Tarry, pause a ___Day or two
  2. before you ______Hazard, for in choosing _____ wrong I lose
  3. your company’ (Black Pg. 105, Blue Pg.66)


  1. What makes Bassanio choose lead over the silver and gold
  2. caskets? Finish this quote, ‘Thou meagre_______ lead which
  3. rather threatenest than dost promise_______ aught, thy paleness_______moves me more than eloquence_________, and here choose I’ (Black Pg. 111, Blue Pg.69)


  1. Complete Portia’s speech that tells us the expected roles of a
  2. woman in marriage. ‘Myself and what is mine ____, to you
  3. and yours______is now converted_______’ (Black Pg. 113, Blue Pg.71)

  1. What does the above quote mean?she had to give herslef to
  2. him
  3. What did Gratiano’s and Nerissa’s wish to marry depend on? (Black Pg. 116-7, Blue Pg.72-3) bassanio and portia
  4. How does Portia know that the letter contains bad news? (Black Pg. 119, Blue Pg.72-3)Bassanio goes plae when he reads the letter
  5. What help does Portia offer straightaway? (Black Pg. 123, Blue Pg.76)
  6. Why do we not expect this help to be successful?
  7. Do you think Portia would still be in love with Bassanio if she
  8. knew he had lied about his wealth?He already loved himn no matter what

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.