Pages

Tuesday 21 July 2020

Science

Copper Coin Experiment

First, we cleaned our Coins in Salt and vinegar solution. Then we put 50ml of 2mol+ Naoh into a beaker. We heated the beaker on the bunsen burner and stir as heating and then take off the heat. We added a spatula of Zinc powder and heat lightly for 30 min with the coin inside and stir as heating. Then we take the coin out with the scissor tongs. After that, we rinse the coin under water to remove chunks of zinc and the last thing we did was wave the coin in the blue flame using tongs and the coin turned to gold. And that was the end of the experiment

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.